Senior Design Drafter
|Location:||Vernon Hills, IL|
|Benefits:||Comprehensive Benefits Program|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Product Brand:||Scotsman Ice Systems|
|Description:||The mission of this position is to prepare layouts and drawings for the deveopment and release to Production of new products and components and to assist Engineers in the transformation of concepts and ideas into feasible designs.|
|Duties:||• Develop rough cut bulls of material and estimates number of new or modified drawings that need to be developed|
• Prepare schedules and plans to complete production quality documentation
• Create unit layout in three dimensional CAD. Reviews layout options with team and participates in the selection process.
• Assure the use of standard parts when developing design. Work concurrently with other designers to assure standardization of designs and tolerances.
• Utilize suppliers to codevelop long lead tooled part designs to assure optimized component and system cost while minimizing tooling lead times
• Develop BOM's for entry into the MRP system
• Develop detailed two dimensional drawings and assembly drawings from the unit layout. Utilize process capability to guide product design and part tolerancing. Keep the layout current as drawings are completed and tolerances analyzed. Import from supplier database geometry for standard purchased parts. Complete release documentation.
• Verify own work to assure standards are followed and errors eliminated
• Assist in all builds including rough cut, prototype, pilot and initial production
• Audit and correct BOM's during each build
• Complete all ECR/ECN's for assigned product line within timeframe agreed to with supervisor
• Complete assignments to improve the design documentation process as directed by supervisor
• Participate in and maintain 5S Initiatives in the Lab and Model Shop
• Perform other assignments as directed
• Associates degree or 2 years of technical training with 5 years of relevant engineering experience
• 3 or more years Engineering Change experience
• 3 or more years sheet metal and injection mold part design experience
• 3 or more years working with Solid Works and/or ProE
• Ability to design sheet metal and injection mold parts
• Maintain standards for design and drawing creation
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (Helpful, but not required):
• Experience managing BOMs
*Scotsman Ice System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and requires a pre-employment drug screen and background investigation for all positions*
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.